I find that using bacon is a great way to encourage kids to eat their vegetables.
The great part is that you can experiment with any veggies you like!
I mix it up with beans, cauliflower, snow peas, brussels sprouts and sometimes if I have extra time I add ½ an onion and 2 garlic cloves, but this is just for a quick and easy side dish.
Bacon fried veggies
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 rashers of bacon chopped into 2cm pieces
- ½ head of broccoli chopped
- ⅛ cabbage chopped
- Fry your bacon in the olive oil over medium heat
- When it is almost cooked, add your veggies and another splash of olive oil
- Fry for 5 minutes ( or until cooked) while stirring regularly
- Serve with whatever protein you desire.