Argghhhh it’s Christmas time already!?
I don’t know about you, but it sneaks up on me quicker each year.
It’s an unfortunate fact that even though Christmas is supposed to be a lovely time of year, it can also be ridiculously stressful.
With events filling every spare moment on the calendar I sometimes find it hard to catch a breath.
One of the key things that causes people to put a lot of pressure on themselves is knowing what food to make for their different Christmas events.
And finding something that’s both delicious and nutritious? An even bigger ask!
Never fear, I’ve got you covered with my favourite salad recipe.
It gets a lot of love every time I take it to a party and is all but guaranteed to do the same for you.
My favourite piece of feedback to date has been “even my husband liked it – and he usually hates salads!”
It’s grain free, vegan and super delicious – and hopefully it can ease a little of your food stress this Christmas.
Moroccan sweet potato, cauliflower & almond salad (vegan & grain free)
- 1 large sweet potato diced into roughly 1cm cubes
- 800gm cauliflower (about 1 whole small cauliflower) cut into florets
- 100gm almonds
- 1 TBSP coconut aminos or tamari
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced (green part only)
- 1 large handful of mint leaves roughly chopped
- 1 handful of flat-leaf parsley roughly chopped
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp paprika
- Roast sweet potato on 180 degrees C for 30 mins or until cooked
- While sweet potato is cooking place almonds in small baking dish and cover with coconut aminos. Use the hot oven to roast almonds until nicely toasted (roughly 10 minutes but making sure they don’t burn)
- Pulse cauliflower florets in a food processor until cous cous or rice consistency (10 sec/speed 5 ™)
- Fry cauliflower in a large frypan with 2 TBSP of ghee, coconut or olive oil until softened (about 10 mins). Set aside
- Gently toss together cauliflower, sweet potato, nuts, spring onion, herbs and spices
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon over the top
- Garnish with extra spring onion, herbs and nuts.